Re: Femtocell Signal Box Availability?

I hope it will cost less than £50 ....
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I'm just a customer like you :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Investigator
tonypeake

Strike that just spoken with somone at Orange and they are now saying 2nd quarter of next year. Thats orange mind you and not EE. Does not look to good though.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Devonbloke

Bugger. I really do hope it's the 10th (Monday) and the Orange person didn't know what they were talking about!

I really really nned one. I am on EE4G so maybe we'll get them first or something.

This is getting really silly now. If it doesn't appear i may have to get the "Signal Booster" which is basically a Cel-Fi unit. Trouble is, they cost £450 :-O

I do have a 3G signal in the window though so this would work.

Here's waiting for an anouncement on Monday then!!

Please use plain text.
roberthann

Just spoke to EE after they have launched Signal Box this week. It is only available to Corporate customers and, as it only supports a limited number of phones per box, it would be a management challenge for big offices.  The people that most need it are surely domestic customers and SME's that often have less users and their offices in less populated areas, i.e. poorer coverage, for sake of costs. Vodafone didn't discriminate against their customer types with Sure Signal, what logic is behind EE doing so? What a balmy position to take with a much awaited product!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
MacPad

[ Edited ]

Looks like the price is £89 pounds from one of their documents (Page 7 of http://files.ee.co.uk/business/terms-and-conditions/price-guides/EE-Price-Guide-for-Small-Business.p... )

Signal Box
Signal Box is a simple self-installed unit that is capable of carrying 4
simultaneous calls, and can provide 3G voice and data coverage up to 15
metres. Broadband connection and spare Ethernet port on your router
required.
£89 one off purchase cost

Just no way that I can find to buy it. In other terms I did find that it would work with all EE, Orange and T-Mobile. 

So its all there, just no details on how you can buy it. I would be more than happy to pay the £89 so that I don't have to go outside to make calls.

Although I run my own business I have a non business T-Mobile contract, whilst the assistant was as helpful as possible on the tech support line, they could not supply me with details of how to buy or when.

It would be nice just to have an idea when this is coming, if it is going to be years I would like to know so that I can go with Vodaphone or O2 both of who offer Femtocells.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
jcwacky

Looks like something is happening, the "Coming Soon" has vanished from this page: http://business.ee.co.uk/public-sector/products/coverage-solutions/2g-signal-box

Please use plain text.
Investigator
jcwacky

Just called them, the signal box is launching today, and will cost £106.80. Forgot to ask if it's just for businesses though.

Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

I explained to them that I have indoor signal issues and would like to purchase a Vodafone sure signal equivalent products from them but they said no, they don't selling such product.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I'm just a customer like you :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Investigator
jcwacky

I just tweeted EE about Signal Boxes and they said:

"They are only available to business customers at the moment. But keep checking the web site."

Please use plain text.
Investigator
scottallison

FYI, Orange's Signal Boost uses a standard called UMA. This allows a compatible phone to use any wifi signal to make/receive calls and send/receive texts, as well as use data. The restriction is that not that many phones support UMA. It works well, my Dad uses it in an area with no mobile signal at all.
Please use plain text.