EE Community

Tokeleyc

Content lock

Ok so started having trouble with content lock doing whatever it pleases a couple of days after changing over ... Bearing in mind you get a 2 week cooling of period I called numerous times to get this sorted which they said its a technical issue it will be sorted in a couple of weeks ..it is now worse than ever and when I called earlier I received possibly the worst customer service I've ever had and I can't cancel apparently .. I've called the citizens advise to which they've said basically your paying for a service that's not being provided there for a cancellation is within your rights, so I call back to disgusts this to which I was told the best I can offer is an apology and you can't cancel.. To which I stated this has been on going since I took the contract on and is still unresolved to which I get a reply saying I can't help you now so I'm going bye!??? Absolutely discussing I'd advise if anybody is thinking of joining EE don't!! It's the most useless network and contract I've ever had with technical support that have no clue and customer service staff that couldn't give a Monkeys either, and I WILL be cancelling my contract as the issue was highlighted several times to EE within the first 4 days of the contract and gues what yes they did nothing on all four calls then aswell I got told oh this happens... Now I'm afraid to say .. That's not good enough I didn't take a contract out that's says "join EE the uks best biggest fastest 4G network that doesn't work most if the time" rant not over I'm sick to death of this network already!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Re: Content lock

Hi Tokeleyc

Sorry to hear you've been given the runaround re: your content lock issues. Please PM me some more details, including the best contact number for you, and I'll make sure your case is forwarded to EE's Executive Office asap.

(Apologies for the delay in replying to your post, we've been habing problems with our forum platform.)

Thanks

C

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

Hi,

Having the same issues for weeks now, EE's customer service say it should be resolved however since there are posts on this going back 4 months I somehow doubt that.

Luckily i have found some info (google ee complaints) and will now be leaving EE asap.

I use my phone and various sites for business and EE are in breach of contract, I'd advise anyone else to do the same.

Please use plain text.
1goldwing0

I have exactly the same problem but mine occurs everyday !!! even rebooting the phone does not solve the problem sometimes I'm currently paying £130 a month ( before extras)
and I expect a better service then this for my money
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Assume that is for multiple devices.

If EE can't manage content lock they should remove it until they get it fixed.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

ooooo, content lock on again today, and yesterday, and the day before, and a few days before that, and last week.....get the idea???

This is what you get if you join EE, avoid at all costs.......they won't even offer any help, 'it's a known issue' is all thyey can say.

no my ee app, no balance checker, no films, thanks EE for such a great windows phone sales pitch, shame none of its true...

Please use plain text.
Visitor
wrighty

How do I take of content lock of my phone?
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

Hi,

to take content lock off you'll need either to contact EE and give them details or go in to a store. This may well work for several minutes then you'll have to repeat the process sevaral times every week until you are willing to smash up your phone and join a proper network that is fit for purpose.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

guess what, cleared it twice again already this morning and hey presto, it's back again......thanks EE for being just soooo great.....

Please use plain text.
Explorer
tomlowe

Call EE and say you want to cancel your contract.  If you cannot access the Internet, as you want, on your device, it is "Unfit for purpose" - if you know the law and are good, you should argue that you want your contract cancelled on this basis as they are not providing the service promised when you signed up.

If enough people threaten to leave, it may give them more incentive to resolve it.

Please use plain text.
1_Audi

Nice 32GB ipad with 8GB of data and content lock on from day 1. Was told by EE customer services on day 2 It would be removed within 24 hrs. It was and within 2 days was back on. 25 minutes waiting to get through again and was told same rubbish that they didn't know why this has happened and within a few minutes was removed. Another 6 calls to the hopeless customer service over the next week or so to get removed 6 times. Enough is enough now as content lock on for the 13th time in 16 days. When I asked to cancel today was told I could not and there was nothing I could do as I could only cancel within 14 days. Now filling out and sending details to offcom and filling out the details on the BBC watchdog website. Perhaps EE will take me seriously now so far they couldn't give a **bleep** and the service on the phone is the worst I ever had. Shame on our EE
Please use plain text.
mervyncharles

Me too  - Why is there content lock on Youtube how to instruction pages - published by Youtube!   There is nothing that could be illicit on these pages!

What a waste of time.  Especially when you can view anything when on our own wireless connection. 

This is just preventing people from using their phones for business links to youtube.  It's no use if your client gets a content lock!   It will actually looks as though you have a dodgy site.   Lots of complaints about this from other Tmobile users -

Tmobile please sort this out!!!

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 103
Kudos: 957
Solutions: 610

They can sort it out and so can you get content lock turned off. Its always automatically turned on.

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

[ Edited ]

no, unfortunately they cant, I have had this removed no less than 30 times now and it's back on today.....

Here is my issue with EE, you go in the shop and are given the load of blag to get you to join, they cant provide a windows phone app, 4G is not even available (even though they said it would be within a month in York) content lock pops back up every day and they cant do clone phone on a Lumia 820 either, paying for the EE Film app from the start even though thats only appeared recently.

HAPPY TO CHARGE ME FOR IT ALL AREN'T YOU THOUGH!!!!!

I will be going back to the EE shop this weekend specifically to cause as much fuss and argument as i can as i really could not care anymore, already cancelled my direct debit so whether they allow me out of my contract or not they can get lost.....

Stupid thing is i have been a very satisfied Orange customer for years and I'll not now be going back to them either....

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

should mention as well as you can see through my previous posts i am noty normally so rude but this really has gone beyond any acceptable form of joke anymore.....

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

[ Edited ]

oh yeah, i rang up to tell them i am going abraod too, i wanted MMS services and the ability to use my phone abroad, told to turn phone off, leave for 30 mins and wait for the update, what happened??? Not a thing.

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 103
Kudos: 957
Solutions: 610

Alex do you want a spade to help you dig that hole?

You signed up without 4G in your area? Why.? Yes it may have been scheduled to cone to York in a months but problems may have arisen.

How are you paying for EE film app IT IS FREE.

Also stopping yoir direct debit. This will only effect you not EE. They will take steps to collect the money which will badly effect your credit rating.

Do you think all this swearing is going to get you anywhere. Then posting I don't normally behave like this. To just post again and swear.

Going into store to deliberately cause a fuss and arguement is not going to help either. I hope they throw you oit if you do.

They are sales people they will try sell you their product it is up tp you to say yes and no abd you WILLINGLY said yes.

I advice you take a big deel breathe and calm down.

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

yes i was calm the first 50 times i called about these issues....sort your network out and perhaps I and the 1000s of other with these sames issues all over here , FB and Twitter would be satisfied.......

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

and as far as my credit rating and all the rest goes bring it on.....ever heard of breach of contract????

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
alextricker3

Please use plain text.