EE Community

Investigator
tgoddard

Outgoing SMTP server for EE

Hi there

im new to EE, I have just transferred from Orange to EE.

I am having problems with setting up my email account.

I have spent days trying to sort out this problem so would be grateful for any response.

My main problem is that I am a tiscali email customer (now talk talk)

i have managed to set up my incoming mail settings to the following as per the talk talk web page and i am currently recieving incoming emails

incoming settings:

user name: my name @tiscali.co.uk

password: entered password

POP3. Server : pop3.tiscali.co.uk

Port:110

Security type: none

Now as far as i am aware talk talk do not allow you to use there smtp settings for when im not at home on my broadband which is with talk talk. So you need a third party smtp. ( when i was with orange, it was orange smtp) As far as i am aware after the constant phone calls and searching EE do not have their own outgoing server.

so i tried to still use orange which is accepted in settings but when i try and send an email it says connection error

SMTP server: smtp.orangehome.co.uk

Port: 587

Security type: none

Require sign in: unticked.

Please does anyone know why my phone Sony xperia sp accepts these outgoing settings but still will not allow outgoing emails, is it because i am with EE?

i have currently got my phone set up with gmail outgoing server and this works only problem is that my incoming are from my tiscali account and i am sending out through my gmail email account! Which is not ideal. 

I need them both to be sent and received from my tiscali account.

Please if anyone could help that will be great, I am pulling my hair out !!

thanks

Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Re: Outgoing SMTP server for EE

Your problem is that the SMTP server requires a secure authentication (login) before it will let you send an email.

The settings you need can be found here:

http://m.help.talktalk.co.uk/email/what-are-talktalks-email-settings

Personally I would use IMAP in preference to POP3.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
tgoddard

Hi there thank you for replying, I have gone on that link and put in the settings for tiscali however these settings only work when at home on wifi, when I go onto 3g or 4g I cannot send emails just receive?
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

So there is still an issue authenticating the SMTP server. Ask TalkTalk support if they have any advice.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
tgoddard

Tried that they have said they have given all the support they can. I was onto the phone all afternoon with them. I since found out I need to use server from my network provider which used to be orange and there outgoing settings worked find but ee doesnt have outgoing smtp.

The frustration continues- ee says talk talk and talk talk says ee.

Thank you for your advice
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Rakhi

Hello

did you find a solution, i have the same problem cant send out from tiscali  on EE. 

Please use plain text.
Investigator
tgoddard

Thank you for link I have tried now to change to imap settings like the solution above however she is a talk talk customer and I have a tiscali account so servers are different names:

these are settings I have put in:

username
password
Incoming
imap.tiscali.co.uk
port 143
none

outgoing
smtp.tiscali.co.uk
port 587
none
require sign in ticked
account name
password

it accepts incoming settings but wont recognise outgoing settings.

error message

could not open connection, failed to connect to smtp.tiscali.co.uk port 587

also from the forum the person was connected to her home broadband not her virgin data. I can get it to work in my home broadband through pop account setttings but not when I am out of the house

Please use plain text.
Investigator
tgoddard

Hi there I have just gone on to the talk talk forum and their seems to be loads of people who have this problem esp if they are a tiscali customer. I have linked myself to the forum where everyone is waiting for a response on this issue. No one seems to be able to resolve this issue

Apparently it works if you are talk talk customer but if you are pervious customer tiscali settings do not work

Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Good, have you tried substituting the talktalk server names in the above solution ?

Please use plain text.