EE Community

Explorer
mobile1

EE network keeps dropping my calls

For last few weeks my husbands phone connects only to EE network and  frequently during the day when he opens the phone to answer a call the call is instantly dropped and the phone shows it's searching for a network. We live and work at Pratts Bottom (nr Jnct 4 M25) right under EEs New 4g mast.  I have an Orange pay monthly sim using an LG phone and don't have a problem but then my phone only connects to the T mobile network and continually shows roaming. My husband has an Orange pay as you sim using a Doro phone.  It's only my husbands phone that connects to the EE network that is a problem.  Is it a case that EEs new 4G network just can't cope with the volume of traffic? Why does his phone connect to EE and mine to T mobile when we are both together in the same place right under the EE mast. 

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Tomo1971

Re: EE network keeps dropping my calls

Your husbands phone isn't connecting to that 4g mast as it's not a 4g phone he is using. His phone may be a 2g only phone, and there is no 2g bts on the nearest mast but there is 3g,hence why your phone works ok.
Please use plain text.
Explorer
mobile1

Re: EE network keeps dropping my calls

Thanks for the info. His phone shows connection to EE network while he's at Charmwood Farm or at our home at Pratts Bottom. He receives some calls ok, I called him while he was at Charmwood tonight and spoke to him for 5 minutes. Someone phoned him shortly afterwards and the call was dropped shortly after he answered. He's had a few calls today that got through and stayed connect but also about 5 dropped calls today.  So his Doro phone is receiving calls from some Orange network mask near to Charmwood Farm Pratts Bottom but it is frequently dropping the calls within seconds.  We are probably going to change him to Vodaphone or O2 as he's not interested in data, tweeting and doesn't even know how to text. he only wants to receive and make calls.

Please use plain text.